When I was about 5 years old, I loved the water and would run away to the river to play. Mom would scold me and tell me that it was dangerious, but I would still run away to swim. She would scold me every time but I still wouldnt listen, so, she told me that if I went to the river again without some one bigger with me, she would spank me. Sure enough, the next day, away I went. About half an hour, I seen her coming thru the pasture with a switch in her hand, and I knew that I was in trouble. I quickly grabbed my clothes and put them on and started toward her, when I come close, she was crying and swatted me with the little switch she had in her hand. The switch didnt hurt, but it was such a surprise to have her use a willow on me that I started to cry, and as we went home, she was swatting me with the switch and was crying harder than I was. If I live to 100, I will never forget how soft hearted she was and how it hurt her to use force to protect me from such danger. I can now see the danger in swimming in the river at 5 years old, especially when no one else is with you...WOW ! I shudder to think of my kids doing that.
Keep in touch and have a safe/sane day...I send love and blessings to all....Lonehawk
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment