Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MY DREAM ABOUT GRANDMA

Keira posted a blog about her dream of Grandma and Grandpa, so I decided to post one of my dreams about Grandma. It felt very real.
I dreamed that Fred and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. They were still living in their house in Hatch, even though when I dreamed this Mom and Dad were living there and had remodeled it. In the dream it was like it used to be. We got ready to leave, and Grandma said, "Oh, I think you had better stay the night, because it is so late. I don't feel right about you driving home this late."
She pulled out the bed that was in the old wood couch, and we got into bed. Suddenly a small child came hurtling out of the kitchen and dove into the bed between us, pulling the covers up over his head. He was shaking and scared, and I realized it was our grandson Logan, who was 6 years old at the time. I looked up to see Grandma standing there with a sad look on her face, and behind her was Tori, my 8 year old granddaughter, who was also looking sad.
I said, "Grandma, I didn't know you had Derek's kids here!"
She said, "Oh, I've had them for some time now."
I said, "Why did Derek bring them to you?"
She answered, "Oh, Derek doesn't know I've had them. I've been taking care of them, but I am going to need your help now."
And then I woke up.
Shortly after that I had a call from Emily. (She and Derek had been separated for some time by then.) She said, "Janet, I can't do it any more. I need you to take the kids for me. I want you to meet me in Nephi tonight and I will give them to you. I know DCFS is going to take them from me if you don't, and I'd rather have you have them than have them go to foster care." I met her in Nephi about 1 1/2 hours later and got the three kids from her- Tori, Logan and Mason. About a week and a half later she called and asked me to bring Mason back to Provo, but I had Tori and Logan the rest of the school year.
Another instance about Grandma was when Addam Swapp was holed up in his infamous standoff with the police, and the house was filled with children. I didn't realize who Addam was at the time. As I watched the news on tv I told my husband, "I have the weirdest feeling that my Grandma is there taking care of those little kids so they won't be so scared." I wondered if these boys were related to Aunt May Swapp's husband, but realized one day who they were when the news interviewed Addam's father and I recognized him from the family reunions.
So I really do think Grandma was comforting Addam's children through that time, and I think she was helping Derek's children, also.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

Grandma was always sensitive to the feelings of children. I remember her telling me about her primary class. Whenever she had a child that would act up, she would hold them and tell them how much she loved them. The more they would act up, the more she would tell them she loved them. :) I know she was always concerned about the children of family members who weren't living as they should, or who were having problems.

~Kris said...

I was thinking that about Michael's kids. I wonder if they are getting enough hugs in their life. Do you know that each child has to be hugged ten times every day? And for every negative thing they hear, they need to hear five positive things to have good self esteem?
So start hugging!!!!