One time when I was staying at Grandma's and Grandpa's Grandma asked me to help her make some things to take to a family reunion potluck.Grandma always took more than she was supposed to because she wanted to make sure there was enough food. She wanted me to make a pan of brownies. When it came to the part to add sugar, I asked her where the sugar was, and she pointed to the canisters on the kitchen counter and said they were in those.
She was getting ready to put the pan in the oven and I was taking the mixing bowl to the sink. I ran my finger around the edge, then tasted the brownie batter. It was horrible! I said, "This tastes like chocolate play dough." Grandma asked me which canister I'd gotten the sugar from, and I showed her. She laughed and laughed and could barely tell me that the canister I showed her held the salt. She wasn't mad, she just thought it was funny. We had to throw that out and make a new pan of brownies, but Grandma said she was glad she found out before we took them to the reunion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One time I made cookies there. Aunt May came over and ate one and said, "These have soap in them!" I said, "They do NOT have soap in them, why would I put soap in them?" She said, "I don't know, but I can taste soap!" As we thought it over, we realized that I had washed my hands with dish soap before making the cookies. I must not have gotten all of the soap washed off before I handled the dough. :0S
Post a Comment