Sunday, July 6, 2008

Memories of the Lowders

I decided I wanted to branch out a little and write a couple of memories of Aunt Reva and Uncle Karl.

I can't remember when this took place, but it seems like I was a young teenager. Some friends of Aunt Reva came in to town to visit. She wanted to show them Mary Beth's horse Flint. This wasn't too long after she got him, so those of you who remember will know the year. At that time, the horses were up on the flat, so we drove up there. Aunt Reva told the ladies that usually she could shake a bucket of oats to get the horses to come, but this day she had forgotten to bring any. Suddenly, before I even knew what was happening, Aunt Reva whipped off her bra and began shaking it in the air. The horses came running! The ladies must have known Aunt Reva well because they didn't seem shocked in the least. :)

The next memory happened after my mission. Jody and I had come out to Hatch to live while my parents stayed behind in Texas to sell our house. When Mom and Dad finally sold the house, there wasn't room for me to sleep at Grandma's house. Aunt Reva and Uncle Karl let me sleep in the North upstairs bedroom. I slept on the water bed. Derail for a minute.....I remember them telling me that once when they slept in the water bed, Uncle Karl went to bed before Aunt Reva. When she got in bed, it bounced him out of bed. :) But I digress....back to the original story. It was April fools day, and I just can't let the day go by without pulling a prank on someone. If I don't, I have to wait a whole year before I can. I went down to the basement to their bedroom and made a dummy in their bed. I even found a wig that I put on it to make it look real. Aunt Reva went downstairs first. She walked in the bedroom and saw someone sleeping in her bed. She went back upstairs and asked Uncle Karl who was sleeping in their bed. He said, "I don't know!". So they went back down together and pulled back the covers. They laughed and laughed. I don't remember them ever getting mad, they just laughed.

I also remember when at Christmas time someone sent Aunt Reva a package from "Sandy Claws". I remember that for days she tried to find out who "Sandy Claws" was. I always enjoyed spending time with Aunt Reva and Uncle Karl. It seemed like there was always something interesting happening at their house.

4 comments:

Nene said...

I'm sure I know who this is that wrote this, but please in the future, sign your name so we all know.

Nene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delirious said...

Sorry, this is Delores

PsychDoctor said...

I used to love reading "the World Weekly News" at her house.