I hope that I can get the story streight, if not, maybe aunt May can add to it, or aunt Ileta, but this is the way I understand what happened.
After Boyd died, mom was so sad and was working around the house thinking to her self "why oh why did Boyd have to die", and was so sad all day long. She said that all at once a warm feeling come over her and she looked up in the North East corner of the living room where the book case used to be and she said that Boyd was standing there dressed in white, with a book in his hand and was reading to a group of people. This frightened Mom so much that she thought she was loosing her mind. She quickly ran over to Reva's and told her what had happened and then they got in the car and went to see the Bishop. He put them in the car and they all went to see the Stake President. The Stake President had them all kneel down and offered a prayer, after the prayer, the Stake President looked at Mom and very seriously said "Sister Huntington, you have been seeking an answer to why your son was taken and you have been allowed to look past the vail and see that your son is on a mission to those people who have died without the gospel". From that time on, Mom never felt sad as to why Boyd was taken so early in his life, as she said, "now I know that he is doing what the Lord would have him do"....
I dont think that too many of you who read this will remember Boyd, but he was quite an intelectual. He could read about 3000 words per minute with about 80% comprehension. I have seen him at the book counter in grocery stores looking through the pages of paper back novels, turning the pages as if looking at pictures, I said "there isnt any pictures in that book", and his reply was "Im not looking for pictures, Im reading the book while you are shopping". He claimed that he could read a paper back nover in just a few minutes...
Will write again when I can remember more interesting things about my family...Keep in touch and I send love and Blessings to all........Lonehawk
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for posting that. I had heard some of it, but not all.
Post a Comment