Another one of my favorite things about Grandma and Grandpa's house, was the box of costumes that Grandma had. It was always fun going through that box to find an outfit for the parade. One year, I found a red shirt with fringe all down the sleeves. I took that as my own for that summer. I think I wore it everywhere. while I was wearing that shirt, nothing could happen to me. I could climb any tree, walk fences (I wasn't wearing it when I fell) :o), and do anything possible.
Last year, I was looking through those costumes again. As I looked at that shirt (or one close to it), I couldn't believe how cheesy it looked. I couldn't help thinking about what other people thought of this little kid running around in that shirt. It doesn't matter, to me, then, that shirt was magic, and it belonged to my Grandparents, and while I wore it, I was invincible.
Take care, and don't lose the magic. Stick.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My favorite costume was the black cowgirl skirt and vest with white fringe and western cutouts on it. I thought I looked so cool wearing that and riding Old Tony!
I don't remember what costume I wore, but one year I dressed up like Uncle Sam and sat on top of our car. Mom had put a sign on the front of the car that said, "Evil takes over when good men do nothing".
I always really liked the wig that was made from Grandpa's horses' tail. I think her costume box really influenced me because I've always had a costume box in my house.
Delirious, I have a picture of you in that costume on top of the car, I think. Do you have one?
Post a Comment