Wednesday, May 28, 2008

GRANDPA H. FLASHBACK

Last night my husband and I watched "The Hallelujah Trail". It is a comedy/western about a town that tries to have wagonloads of liquor brought to their town before winter. Throw in some women protesting against the liquor, some Indians and of course, the calvary. Pretty funny. In one scene in the movie, the Indians meet with the soldiers. One Indian is using Indian sign language to communicate and one of the soldiers is translating it to the captain. As I was watching the Indian sign, I had a flashback of Grandpa doing (Indian?) sign language. I had to laugh. I told my husband it reminded me of Grandpa. - Marlene :0}

1 comment:

Delirious said...

I remember when I learned signed english as a teenager, he would spell to me, but I wasn't very good at reading it. I spent most of my time spelling, not reading. But I do remember that he was very happy that I took spanish, he had learned some spanish in his youth. He told me many, many times to practice my language every day so I wouldn't lose it. I went on to learn chinese after his death, I often think that if he could tell me anything today, it would be to use my language every day so I won't lose it.