Thursday, September 4, 2008
GRANDPA HANGING OUT
When I was a teenager, I used to love to walk around town and drop in at different places. What I thought was so cool, was to see Grandpa "hanging out" at some of these places. I remember when Hatch still had the old post office - before the Conoco/Post Office - I would go down there and Grandpa would be there "hanging out" with Layton. The place I used to see him "hanging out" the most was Henderson's Chevron Station. I used to think it was so awesome to see Grandpa "hanging" with Bob Henderson. There were other men there "hanging out" with Grandpa and Bob, but I can't remember who they were. Grandpa would be talking and laughing and joking with them. One time I said, "What are you doing here?" He said, "What are YOU doing here?" I said, "I asked you first." He said, "Same thing you're doing here." I thought "Alright!" I wonder if he used to buy the frozen snicker bars that Letisha would put back in the freezer, like we did? :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good morning
interesting blog, I remember some time ago that there was a book out that was titled "training Dogs and Husbands" I think that was the title, anyway it was fun to read it and see the simularity between the two training methods...you might look this one up and might get the dog sooner than you expected to...love to all.....Lonehawk
mmmmmmmmmm frozen snickers :)
Post a Comment