Lonehawk's last post made me think of some jobs Grandma had. One of her jobs was cleaning the motel, the New Bryceway. I can remember as a child going down there and seeing her cleaning. The last post about soap reminded me of how she would always bring home the used soap from the motel. She had a big glass jar full of motel soap. The soap was just going to be thrown away anyway, so she brought it home and put it in her storage. I'm not sure how long she worked there, but I think it was several years.
Another job Grandma had was working at the visitor's center on the south end of town. The people really liked her, and even asked for her when they came back through town. She used to walk to and from work. In the winter, when I lived with her, I would sometimes borrow Uncle Karl's truck and drive her to work. The only problem was that I didn't know how to drive a stick shift, so it would stall on me most of the way there and back. :) One thing Grandma loved about this job, besides being able to meet new people, was being able to share the gospel. She answered many questions about our church. She felt very blessed to be able to have a job to earn a little money.
Delirious
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok, everyone who has a jar of soap from Grandma, raise your hand. I have some in a decorative bottle, some under the sink. I can't remember the last time I used any of it though...
I think I need to wash my hands.
I have one, and I got another one from mom to give to Amberlilies. But to tell you the truth I'm going to have to be pretty desperate before I use it. I keep thinking all that used soap - those germs have just been hibernating all these years. :0+
eww...used soap? :)
Post a Comment