One day, the last year or so of Grandpa's life, Kurt and I rode up to the house on horseback. Our horses were standing side by side on the southeast corner of the lawn and Grandpa came out to see us. He loved horses and loved to ride, but couldn't anymore. It was hard for him just to stand there, but my horse shifted a little and off balance Grandpa who fell over in the yard. He wasn't hurt, but scared us all that he fell. Kurt jumped down to help him while I kept my horse still. I was afraid Grandpa might get stepped on or kicked. As Kurt helped him stand up, Grandpa patted my horse and with a tear in his eye said "He didn't mean it. It was an accident." He was so concerned that the horse might think it had done something wrong. I could tell Grandpa would have mounted up and ridden off if he'd been able.
Twist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment