I dont know how many of you know the story of when Dad had his accident on the horse and gave him the fractured skull and ceberal hemorage, so I will try to tell as much as I know of how things happened. If I get it slightly wrong, would someone please correct me.
I dont remember the date, but I was working at Hurcles in Salt Lake at the time, and wasnt able to get off to come down and see Dad. When I was able to get the time off, we went into the Panguitch Hospital to see him. He had been unconsious for the past 15 days or so, and the Dr. didnt think that he would ever recover, and had told Mom that he probaly would never walk again.
When I entered the room, he opened his eyes and said "Well its about time that you come to see me", and this shocked Mom and who ever was in the room at that time, because he hadnt said anything for so long.
I ask him how he was feeling, and his comment was "It feels like I have been Kicked in the head by a mule". I then ask him how much he remembered about the accident, and his reply was...well, I dont remember a whole lot, except I remember falling off the horse, and then I seen this foot upside down in the styrup and I didnt know whose it was, but I knew that it wasnt suposed to be there, so I reached up and unhooked it and that was all I remember...
If any of you have visited the site where it happened, you would be amazed that he even was still alive, with all the rocks scattered around that area, and these rocks are not just little ones...
Gene was with Dad at the time of the accident, and he said...When we were riding horses and coming from over to Tom Sawyers, that Dad said that he had a head ache and they stopped at the house and he went in and got a drink of water, and then they went on toward the old shearing coral just north of Hatch. Gene said that after they started going again, that Dad didnt say anything and was kind of slouchy in the saddle, but that didnt wory him at all, then all at once, Dad just slipped off the Horse and hit the ground with his foot still caught in the styrup and the horse started to jump around and wherl about and that Dad was hitting the big rocks with his head and then all at once he was free of the horse. Gene said that when he got off his horse and went to Dad, that he was shaking and his eyes were rolled back in his head and it scared Gene real bad, so he jumped on his horse and rode as fast as it would go back to the hours to tell everyone what happened, and to get the ambulance. It took the ambulance people quite a while to ger Dad and to Pack him out of the area.
I have been wondering if anyone has ever documented Dads accident and his recovery, if so, would you let me know if I am accurate in my memory...
Until I have something else to blog, I send love and blessings to all.......Lonehawk
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting these stories. I always read something I haven't heard before.
Even though I know something of the story, I always learn something else when I read someone else's version. Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment