Friday, August 1, 2008

Dad and Moms first airplane ride

Years ago when I lived in St. George, Dad and mom came to visit, and I was able to take Dad on an Airplane ride over the southern Utah area. When we took off, he said that it was a bit exciting and he was a bit nerveous, and as we flew over the area and mountains, he really enjoyed his self, commenting that it was the best way to see the country and get a good idea on how the country was put together. We flew around over an hour and then we came back to the airport. When we lined up to come in for a landing, he was very nervieous and was lots more excited than the take off. When we landed, he said "I really enjoyed the flight, the take off was a bit scarry, but the landing scared the dickens out of me. I dont think that I want to do that again". I had a good laugh over his feelings, but im sure that he did enjoy seeing the country in a little different light.
Mom's first flight was when Beth and Darol lived in Omaha, and mom was going to go there for a visit, we were living in SLC and when mom come up there, intending to take the bus, I talked her into going by airplane. She was aprahensive about it, but agreed to go that way. We took her to the airport, and put her on the airplane, she was nervious, but still put out the brave front. She said that she sat next an old gentleman and he could tell she was nervious and started talking to her about flying. She said that he calmed her down and as they talked the airplane taxied out and began the take off roll before she even realized that they were doing that, and when they got fully airborn, she said that she really loved the flight. I dont know what she told Beth and Darol when she got to Omaha, but Im sure she said something like ILL NEVER TRUST MY SON AGAIN TO GET ME ANYWHERE.......
Keep in touch and I send love and blessings to all.......Lonehawk

No comments: