Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Greatest Story Ever Told




Mom gave me a copy of this picture yesterday. Grandma was an extra in this movie, and she is the one who is marked with an x. Grandpa was also an extra in several movies, as there were quite a few movies filmed in that part of the state back then. Mom said they dressed him as an Indian in one movie.
Mom said there was one scene where they were all behind big wood doors, and they were told not to open the doors, but Grandma did, and peeked out to see what was going on. That part was filmed, with her peeking out, but in a later revised version it was cut.
(This was part of a bigger picture, but I cropped it to show Grandma better.)
(Delirious and Twist's Tales' wife were also extras in a movie once, mourners at a funeral in the cemetery.)

6 comments:

Delirious said...

I LOVE this! I never saw this picture before. I have seen the movie, and tried to look for her, but didn't know where to look.

The movie I was in was "Steel" with the guy from million dollar man and Art Carney. :)

Twist said...

Actually only Delirious and my wife were in Steel. I just worked at the cemetery where they filmed the scene.

Inklings said...

That was what I said. :0)

Twist said...

Thanks for posting this. I just bought the movie on VHS at a garage sale, never been opened.

Nene said...

I've never seen this either, so I'm glad you posted this. Grandma was also in another movie right?

Stick said...

Grandma and grandpa were in "Drums along the Mohawk".

My word verification was "Fries". Wish I had some.