Friday, August 13, 2010

2010 summer. what a bummer

Wow ! what a summer we have had. We went to Florada for a funeral, and then we went to Northern Idaho to see Tina and then we went to SLC to see Barb, then we went to So. Dakota for a family reunion with the Branhams, 16 of us there, then we went to West Yellowstone and seen Beck, and then on home. We took Bridg with us, and traveled almost 3000 miles before we returned home....Oh, I forgot, we went to home town to a family reunion, so we have been busy traveling.
We missed those of you who didnt attend the reunion at Hatch, but we know how busy and involved a family can get...hope we can get together next year, as I have some neat plans for the reunion at that time..(if it all comes together).
I have been real busy playing with the Classic Country western band. We are playing at the County Fair this Saturday, and then we hurry to Kolob and play for a couple of hours for the Elks Club that are having a camp our up there. We play avery Wed. night for the Elks club her in SGU, and have been doing so for almost 5 years, lots of fun. We are scheduled to play at Kanab at the western days there, and have done it before, with great success, we are looking forward to that one. Dot and I with Frank and Sue also play music for four rest homes in the area. We play for four of them once a month, and it is a joy to be able to share our tallent with those good people, and they look forward to our time with them, and we also look forward to our time with them.
I had a great opportunith to give Shan Clark a blessing the other day, she called and was having a hard time coping with her knee replacemant, and the withdrawls of the pain medication that they have had her on, so she ask me to give her a blessing, and after I did this, she calmed down and we had a great time talking and she pented a lot of her emotions and it was a great thing to calm her down. I sure appreciate her.
I have been working on a storage room at the house next door, and have it almost done, had to take out all the plaster board, and replace it with new wall board, and then install a new door and fix the roof, has been quite a task...
Keep the blogs and face book going, I always read them just to keep up on what is happening....Love ya all.......Lonehawk

No comments: