Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hatch, Utah in July 2011

Friday we went to Hatch for a family reunion, and I took a little walk from one end of the town to the other,(took almost half an hour), as I talked with several of my friends on the way. I could hardly believe my eyes as to the number of homes that have been built there in the past few years. Seems as everyone from out of state wants a piece of the realestate there,(cant hardly blame them), but it has made it impossible for anyone to buy a decient piece of property there at anywhere a diecent price. Oh mell, such is progress.

We had the reunion in the "NEW" town hall, man oh man, what a nice building, and Im sure that the town feels a sense of pride in having such a building at their finger tips.

After the dinner( good food), I had the candy cannon and fired off three rounds of candy for the kids, should have seen the scramble for the goodies...was such fun.
Got a chance to visit with Ray Burrows for an evening, and we played cards and had fish and chips at the little restraunt there on main street, good food...then after cards, we had a piece of cake...yummmm.

We stayed two nights in the little and I mean LITTLE motel (Hatch station)...the rooms were clean, but very small...the bath room was just wide enough for the toilet, and a small shower, but I guess what else do you need.

As we drove home this morning(sun) we seen almost a dozen head of deer coming over the Cedar Mountain...they looked good...one little fawn with spots, and only one small buck in the entire trip.

Oh by the way, Hatch dont need any airconditioning, it was down in the upper thirties on Saturday morning, and in the forties on Sunday morning...about froze,as we had our windows open all night...Burrrrrr.

Keep in touch and I hope to blog more often (if I find time)...

1 comment:

Delirious said...

It was a fun reunion! Glad to see you there.